Saturday, 5 May 2012

Chocolate Cake

Over the next few days, I am going to share some recipes / how-to's for my cake decorating.

This chocolate cake recipe is my favourite to use when making my girls' birthday cakes. It is dense, rises very well and is super delicious! My Aunty Barb started bringing this to my Grandma's farm to help feed a house-full and it quickly became my Uncle Rock's favourite. It must be a great recipe as it was entered into our Spencer Centennial Cookbook not only once, but twice! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!



Chocolate Cake

2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups boiling water

Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla together for 4 minutes with electric mixer.


In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients, alternating with water, beating well after each addition.


Pour into a well-greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Insert toothpick to check to see if you need additional baking time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!