Friday, 9 November 2012

Apple Nachos

I have found a new favourite snack – apple nachos. I came across these on the internet one day and have since seen them mentioned in a magazine and on other sites. They are super yummy and good for you (depending on your toppings, of course!).

I start by peeling a few apples (usually 3 or 4 for our family), coring them and cutting into thin slices. If like the peel, you can leave it on. Arrange slices on a plate. We love gala apples, but you can use whichever kind you enjoy.

002

I have been topping with peanut butter, non-sweetened coconut, pecan pieces and caramel sauce. You can add whatever you fancy.

001 

We use all-natural peanut butter which is essentially crushed peanuts – no sweeteners added. It must be refrigerated after opened therefore it isn’t easy to drizzle. I take a couple tablespoons full and pop it into the microwave to soften. I then drizzle over apple slices. (I know the peanut butter doesn’t look very well drizzled in this photo – not everything always goes as planned!)

Drizzle a small amount of caramel sauce over slices and sprinkle non-sweetened coconut and pecans over top.

004

Enjoy! Supper yummy!

Have you tried apple nachos before? What are your favourite toppings?

~ Wendy ~

ps. I have no plans of becoming a food blogger, but just like to share some goodies every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. What a clever idea. I love that the ingredients you added to your apple slices were, besides for maybe the caramel, were healthy as well. It looks great and I am sure may tempt even a picky eater into eating fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!